Friday, September 18, 2020

Grades



I will be starting to put final grades from assignments into Illuminate so that I can start preparing progress reports next week.  If your student is missing assignments, then it is reflected in the gradebook.  Please check in with your kiddo in regards to their work.  It would be a bummer for kids to have low grades due to missing assignments.  

Every day, I remind kids what they should be working on during live and asynchronous time.  Unfortunately it is difficult to hold them accountable or check in with them the same way I would in the classroom.  I showed them how to view "missing" and "completed" assignments in google classroom.  They should also be able to show this to you.  

To help you stay on top of things, I am sending emails over the weekend to inform you [and your child] if there is any missing or incomplete work from the week.  I am trying to help the kids to see what needs to be done or finished and save them from getting a low score or a zero.   I would rather their grades show what they can do versus a score based on missing work.  

Please let me know if you have any questions.  And as always, thank you for your support with your kiddos at home.  I could definitely not do this without you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment