Friday, September 17, 2021

XtraMath for Math Facts

Today, the kids signed in to XtraMath class online. The link is on my website & on Clever. This is an easy, FREE, program that can be used to practice math facts. The most common question I get is...how can I help my child succeed in 4th grade?? Mastering math facts will help them be more confident as we tackle the more complex concepts later in the year. We no longer do time tests as speed is not really important. Accuracy is important. This is also a way that a struggling student can practice in the privacy of their own home to get better.  I am asking students to do one session each day which takes about 5 minutes.  Right now everyone is on addition & subtraction--and moving forward into multiplication & division as needed.  Later on I will move everyone to multiplication & division as these are the most important facts for 4th grade math.

Image result for xtramath

No comments:

Post a Comment