Friday, September 22, 2017

Thinking Journal

  

Every day, your child writes in a Thinking Journal that goes home. The purpose of the Thinking Journal is to spark discussion about vocabulary words, and thoughts and questions your child has about the day.  As we have no "official" written homework, this takes its place. Your child should be sharing his/her journal with you every day!

  • Each entry in your child's Thinking Journal should include the vocabulary & all three sentence starter:
            • I noticed...
            • ___________ reminds me of....
            • I wonder...
On Fridays, students have a "Sticky Moments" entry.  This writing is sharing with you what "stuck" with them this week.  Their newsletter to you... 

Every few weeks I will keep the journals overnight to grade them. Grades are based on effort, completion & neatness. I am not grading grammar, etc., but will point out if there is a particular issue that I am seeing.

Please read and discuss your child's Thinking Journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment